Motherhood Journey is pious and amazing for all the mothers of the world. Soon-be-moms are eagerly waiting for the newborn. It’s all-natural that you’re wondering to gather information for baby concern. How do I take care of the baby? How could I breastfeed my kid? What if my milk supply is low? How I could be prepared for breastfeeding before baby birth?
These kinds of many questions are wondering all day in your mind. You want to nurture your baby as best as you can, to make him grow enough strong. Not only you, but all mothers want to make their breastfeeding journey smooth and magical.
Your tiny one depends only upon you in the first year of his age. But don’t worry! There is nothing like fret! Keep calm and relax. Just do nothing only to prepare your BOOBS doing well. How? I will explain to you.
Breastfeeding is the all-new process for a first-time mom. You have to prepare your boobs ready for breastfeeding in advance.
Early preparation makes you champ. Preparation will give you cool experience rather than nursing nightmares.
Pin for the later use:-
Preparing For Breastfeeding Before Baby Arrives
1. Gathering all breastfeeding support
Breastfeeding is all-natural, only you have to learn it. No matter how many books you have completed about preparing for breastfeeding but remember your baby’s behavior is all different from the books.
It’s very important to stay in touch with an experienced mom. She can steer you in the right direction when you need any help. Because practical experience is more important than theoretical.
Before preparing for breastfeeding with the help of experienced moms will avoid all hurdles running through breastfeeding journey.
I’ll be recommended you to take a breastfeeding class. But nearby your place. Look out what’s available in your area.
If no classes available near your place or you’re not interested in attending a class then you can try an online course that may suit you better.
I personally advise you for the Milkology Ultimate Breastfeeding Class. It’s divided into small videos that you don’t get bored or no overloaded information which makes you irritate!
You should be in touch with midwives and nurses they can help you greatly when you need some help regarding breastfeeding. Family members, nannies, grandma, aunties, uncles all can do this job gracefully.
2. Learn how to make breast milk?
During pregnancy, you have noticed some changed to your breasts. These are got bigger and more heavy than before! Your nipples also get darker than usual! Isn’t?
These changes tell that your body is getting ready for feeding newborns. All these changes take place immediately after baby birth. So, you can begin to feed your newborn on the spot.
Baby birth causes a drop in hormone level, which then kick starts your milk supply. The first yellowish and thick breast milk is known as colostrum which is a blessing for your baby. This milks save your baby from coming diseases as soon as he enters into the native world.
The colostrum changes to regular milk around 3 to 6 days after your baby arrives. Your boobs make the milk on baby’s demand. The more you feed, the more your breasts make the milk. That’s the top secret of milk supply.
Hormones will control your milk supply. Oxytocin is the hormone which helps to release milk from your breast by a “let down reflex”.
3. Assess Your Breasts
The very first to assess your breast if there are any concerns, you can discuss with your doctor or midwife before the baby arrives. However, you need to fix these concerns.
Below are a few things you should consider:-
- Breast Trauma – Before you ever had an injury which caused nerve damage to your breast. Trauma may also come in the form of sexual abuse. So, counseling is the best option to discuss this delicate matter before the baby arrived.
- Breast Surgery – Breast augmentation or reduction may result in nerve damage to the nipples. So, discuss with your surgeon if your nipple was relocated during surgery.
- About breast nipples – If your nipples are flat or have a dimple when they are stimulated then the baby will face difficulty while latching. Advice on issues will make you prepared for breastfeeding.
4. Expectations and breastfeeding!
Often newborn is hungry and wants to suck your boobs the whole day. It’s exhausting! Isn’t? Your baby is dependent on you and you cannot go against the system.
You know what does happen in the first days of breastfeeding. These changes are so weird and wonderful as below:-
- Discomfort-Breastfeeding is uncomfortable at first but should ease as toughen time up. You face blister or cracks nipples which you should end up after seeking advice with a professional.
- Engorgement-This happens when your boobs are full of milk and they are so hard to touch before milk regulates. Feed your baby on demand and get rid of this problem.
- Leaking– Very first baby is full soon and your breast will leak out at the most inconvenient times. Keep a pack of nursing pads with you.
- Pain – Normal latching pain is ok. But if you feel red, hot or sore breasts seek help immediately because it may be mastitis.
5. Discover Different Breastfeeding Positions
If you want to get rid of leaking boobs then discover the different breastfeeding position that can help empty your breasts and prevent clogged ducts.
Try these and get one of the most comfortable position. There are four main positions of breastfeeding:-
- Cradle Hold – It’s the most common position but not suitable for the moms who had C-section.
- Football Hold – Comfortable position for the moms who had a C-section birth process, large breasts or a premature baby. Because of this position you get more space by your side than over your tummy.
- Side-Lying – Perfect position for night feeding and immediately after C-section.
- Sitting Hold – The best for older babies that are easily distracted while feeding.
- Laid Back Breastfeeding – It’s not a much familiar but ideal position for women with large breasts or fast let-down reflex.
6. Gathering of breastfeeding essentials
Start gathering all necessary handy breastfeeding essentials in your third trimester. You’ll feel comfortable when you’ll start breastfeeding immediately after baby birth.
You can add all these items to your baby registry. But if you need the bare minimum don’t go without these all which listed below:
- Nursing Bra
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pads
Co-sleeping and breastfeeding go hand to hand. It’s very important to keep baby close by you during the night as they feed themself while you doze. The very important tip – preparing for breastfeeding.
The worry is only the modern beds are not good for a newborn. You can buy a side crib as an alternative. A crib does not only give you easy access but your baby also gets sufficient space to sleep.
As I told you early that baby is hungry almost all the time. So, it’s very important to keep your baby close by you all day. That means using a sling or carrier to hold your baby and keep your hands free. It’s perfect for shy nature mom who doesn’t want to feed in the public openly.
Sling or carriers itself give many benefits to the baby such as your baby crying less and gaining weight better. You easily know about hunger cues, and skin to skin touch can help to increase your milk supply. One sling and many benefits!
9. Consider your lifestyle
Preparing for breastfeeding before baby arrives is the most important for soon-be-moms. You come to know what impact the breastfeeding will have on your life.
If you’re a working mom how long are you planning to take off? or Are you planning to be stat at home mom?
And when you return to working you’ll need to express milk for when you are away from your newborn. Buy a good portable breast pump in advance is a unique idea!
Above all possible preparation for soon-be-moms make ready to feed newborn without any interruption immediately after birth.
Preparing for breastfeeding before baby arrives – save your time and energy. This will make your life easy and comfortable after the birth process.
Save the graphics for the later use:-
Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks!| а
Sure, please go ahead!